2015 – 2018
Associate researcher (Ricercatore a tempo determinato (tipologia a) – SSD BIO/10)
Dip. di Scienze Biochimiche – Sapienza Università di Roma
Caratterizzazione strutturale di proteine procariotiche ed eucariotiche coinvolte in patologie umane
Education and Work experience
- 2014 – 2015
Post-doctoral Fellow – Pasteur Institute of Rome – Fondazione Cenci-Bolognetti
Allosteric control in the synthesis and sensing of cyclic-di-GMP, a master regulator of bacterial growth and physiology
- 2012-2014 Post-Doctoral fellowship: SAPIENZA – University of Rome. Biochemistry and structural biology of proteins involved in c-di-GMP pathway and quorum sensing
- 2011-2012 Post-Doctoral fellowship: SAPIENZA – Università di Roma.Structural Characterization of proteins from Shistosoma mansoni and Plasmodium falciparum.
Whitin the following Project: Rational approach to the specific inhibition of Plasmodium falciparum and Shistosoma mansoni.
Funding: FONDAZIONE ROMA
- 2009-2011 Post-Doctoral fellowship: SAPIENZA – Università di Roma.Structural Caracterization of proteins involved in redox stress responce.Research Group of Prof. M. Brunori and Prof. F. Cutruzzolà
- 2007-2009 Post-Doctoral fellowship: SAPIENZA – Università di Roma.Macromolecular Crystallography and structure-function study of proteins involved in Nitic Oxide/s sensing and regulation of denitrification and biofilm formation in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Research Group of Prof. M. Brunori and Prof. F. Cutruzzolà
- 2003-2007. Ph.D. in Biochemistry: SAPIENZA – Università di Roma. Thesis: The structure of the NO-sensing domain of the transcription factor DNR from P. aeruginosa
- 1999. Degree in Chemistry: SAPIENZA – UniversitÃ di Roma. Thesis: optimization of a new ‘one-pot’ synthesis for organic and organo-metallic highly ethinylated homo-polymers and co-polymers.
Structural and functional caracterization of
- Proteins from Pseudomonas aeruginosa respectively involved in cyclic-diGMP metabolism and regulation of biofilm formation.
- Human Serine hydroxymethyltransferase (SHMT) and Dopa decarboxylase (DDC)
Synthesis and purification of organic and organometallic compounds in anaerobic atmosphere; use of Shlenck glassware, vacuum-Ar line, glove-box, NMR, UV/Vis, IR, GM, Fluorimeter, Cromatography, HPLC, distillation, sublimation, crystallization.
Heterologous expression, purification and characterization of proteins by common techniques: Site specific mutagenesis, PCR, Cromatography, HPLC, FPLC, UV-Vis and Fluorecence Spectroscopy, CD, in vitro reconstitution of hemoproteins, anaerobic manipulation and crystallization of proteins.
Common crystallization and heavy-atom derivatization thecniques: vapour diffusion, batch, heavy-atom solution soaking, Xe pressurization, Se-methionine derivatized protein expression and purification. Data collection: ESRF (F), DESY – BESSY (D), ELETTRA (IT), synchrotrons. Data processing and model building: DENZO, Mosflm, CCP4 suite, SOLVE/RESOLVE, Shelx-C-D-E, CNS, Coot.
- Cover Art- Web-Graphic Design-3D modelling and animation-Scientific illustration.
2D graphics: Photoshop; Illustrator; InDesign.
3D graphics and animation: Maya; Blender; Real Flow; Zbrush.
Animation and Post-Production: Flash; Premiere; After Effect.